CI Forest Products - Installation
Istallation of Northern White Cedar Products Add Life and Value of Your Home.
Log Profile Installation Instructions
INSTALLATION AS EASY AS 1, 2, 3...
We can guide you to the proper installation of our Quality Products for those clients who choose do-it-yourself projects assuring an end result that will continue for years of beauty and minimal maintenance that will continue to keep your home value.
Materials needed for 1/2 and 1/4 Log Profiles
For 1/2 Log Profiles use a 3" galvanized nails or screws
For 1/4 Log Profiles, we recommend using 8 penny framing nails
INSTALLATION Starting Point:
Start With Window and Door Trims
• Toe Nail at an angle on the outside reveals of each trim piece. (see photo1)
• The Top and Bottom Trim will fasten to the Top and Bottom of the Side Trim to secure Frame
Vertical Corner Installation
• Vertical Corners are fastened at an angle on the outside reveal of each Trim piece like window and door Trim.
• Toe Nail on the outside reveals of each corner piece.
Butt & Pass Corners Installation
• Butt & Pass Corners will come in random lengths ranging from 3' - 5'
• Alternate lengths to avoid a straight line.
• Start from the bottom and work your way up with the grove pointing down.
• On the first row on the bottom and top Toe Nail at an angle to fasten.
• After First Row is complete Toe Nail at top of each Row. (see photo 2)
• When you get to top row you may face nail with a galvanized nail or screw carefully so you have minimal fastener exposure for a clean finish.
Cedar Log Profiles and Paneling Installation
• Start from the bottom and work up with grove pointing down.
• On First Row Toe Nail from the Bottom of the log, and then also Toe Nail on top between Tongue and Profile Line. (see photo 3)
• Each Row after will only be Toe Nailed at the Tongue Grove.
• Use Shorter Pieces at Ends and Between Windows and Doors.
• With End Matching your WASTE IS ALMOST ZERO!
Experience has shown that our customers are amazed at how easy the installation process is. We believe you will be pleased how your project will come together and with the look of a log home without the cost of full logs.
For clarification, comments or any questions don't hesitate to contact us. We would be glad to help you 517-279-1757.
Photo 1 shows Installing Trim
Photo 2 shows Installing B&P Corners
Photo 3 shows Installing Log Profile
Why have the mess and hassles at your location when we can finish for you? Imagine your cedar arriving ready to install, giving your log home years of durability and beauty.
Choose Professional Installation or learn how to properly install our products including prefinished products:
It just makes good sense, or should we say cents. here's why;
Prefinished Cost Advantages Review:
Cost Advantage: Save up to 50% when compared to site finishing.
Quality: Our process meets all warranty requirements. Finishing is done in a controlled environment with state of the art equipment. The material is stained without being exposed to the weather resulting in superior coating adhesion.
Uniform Finish: Finish is applied in our quality controlled environment. We guarantee consistent finish and 100% coverage. And since we finish all edges as well as the face in our color lab you need not to worry about shrink lines.
Immediate Protection: Our material arrives at the job site already sealed and protected from the weather.
No Delays: No weather-related or labor delays.
* Make The Call Today and get Prefinished CI Forest Products with CI Forest Products Easy 3 STEP PROCESS:
• WE STAIN IT
• WE STACK IT
• WE SHIP IT
Delivers right to your job site ready to apply for the do it yourself or have professionally installed. It's simple, One easy step for you: INSTALL IT!
* We can provide proven finishing products like Perma-Chink for log siding projects, and our Lifeline Interior products that can be used on all new and existing log homes. We have Quality Products for those clients who choose do-it-yourself projects assuring a quality product that will satisfy the outcome for any project.